Thank you for visiting colinegglesfield.com. Colin Egglesfield/Ansgar, Inc is committed to protecting your privacy.
1. What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal information that you enter on our Site or otherwise volunteer to us when you contact us to, among other things, make purchases or request information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Data” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Data can be:
- factual– such as a name, address, email, phone, or date of birth
- sensitive– such as financial account information, protected health or medical details or information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life; or
- opinion– such as the results of a self-assessment test.
We collect only that Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which the data is requested. We do not use your Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
In some circumstances we may ask you for and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
Information you give us
When you contact us through our Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, or meet us at an event, we may collect Personal Data including:
- contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone;
- identification information, such as date of birth;
- personal information about your goals and aspirations for our products, services, and live events;
Information we collect about you
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information helps us improve our Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing our Site.
2. How does the company use personal data?
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our promoters, affiliates, or distributors;
- to contact you in the future to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third-party vendors;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for training purposes, quality assurance, and to record details about the products and services you order from us;
- to perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
3. Do we share your personal data with any third parties?
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. We partner with third parties to provide some of the services and products available on our Site and at our events. We sometimes disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and they sometimes collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to us. All such third parties use your Personal Data only on behalf of our company and under the instructions of our company on how your information may be used and processed. Our company and our partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. Our company takes reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by our company and that they agree to provide protections for your Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
By visiting our Site or attending our events and sharing your Personal Data, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Sales– business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of fulfilling requests from you to purchase goods and services from our Site or at our events;
- Marketing– business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the purpose of direct marketing of goods and services that you may be interested in;
- Cloud services– business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors that provide cloud storage services;
- Contractual performance– business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, or they enter with you on behalf of our company
- Web analytics— analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and they will be required to use any Personal Data for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
4. Our storage of your personal data
Our company uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
You may unsubscribe from any of our online e-mail updates and marketing by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message we have sent to you. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your unsubscribe requests promptly, but you may still receive promotional information form us by mail for up to 60 days, and up to 10 days for e-mail. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom we have previously disclosed your Personal Data.
Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
5. Access to other websites
We have embedded videos from YouTube and Vimeo on our website that are stored on the servers of their respective providers. Embedding of the videos is carried out with the activated option for advanced data privacy settings. If you play these videos, YouTube cookies, Vimeo cookies and DoubleClick cookies may be stored on your computer and data is potentially transmitted to Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, as the operator of YouTube as well as Vimeo and it’s affiliates.
Vimeo- Vimeo’s embeddable video player uses first-party cookies that it is consider essential to the video player experience. Vimeo do not use third-party analytics or advertising cookies when the video player appears on a third-party website. Please note that a third-party website may place cookies of its own. Vimeo have no control over third-party websites or the cookies they set.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
555 West 18th Street
New York, New York 10011
6. Additional policies in compliance with the EEA privacy laws
7.1 GDPR Definitions
The General Data Protection Regulation- GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law on May 25, 2018. The GDPR regulates the processing by an individual, a company or an organization of personal data relating to living individuals in the EU. Section 1+2 GDPR
“Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
“Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, partnership, or other legal entity.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction; ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data;
7.2 How we collect your personal data
We collect personal information whenever you choose to provide your personal data to us in any format (e.g. via email, letters, telephone, fax or in person) and/ or continuing to use any of our services or visiting this website www.colinegglesfield.com.
We also collect personal information such as location, IP address, browser type and content viewed through cookies.
If you wish to disable cookies from this website, you can do so using your browser/Cookies settings. You should understand that some features of this site may not function properly if you don’t accept cookies.
You have the option to subscribe to a free newsletter. During the registration for the newsletter, personal data from the input mask added by Mailchimp will be transmitted to the service provider commissioned by us for email marketing software providers.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Where necessary Birthday (MM/DD)
The date and time of the registration will be also collected. You can unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time. The personal data you have provided us through the newsletter will be only used for this purpose and will not forwarded to third parties. You can find the legal basis for processing of the personal data after registration for the newsletter by the user in Section 6 Subsection 1 lit. a GDPR.
You may contact Colin Egglesfield/Ansgar, Inc at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. In such case the personal data of the user transmitted via email is stored. Such personal data will not be forwarded to third parties. This personal data is only used for the processing of the conversation. You can find the legal basis for processing of data transmitted in line with the sending of an e-mail in Section 6 Subsection 1 lit. fGDPR.
7.3 The legal basis for processing your personal data
In order to comply with the GDPR, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors, such as, for example, providing direct marketing to our customers of our products and services that we think would be of interest, permitting prospective employees to search and apply for job opportunities, handling inquiries from our promoters, affiliates, distributors, vendors, and customers, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
7.4 Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7.5 Addendum to how long we store your personal data
In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep Personal Data for a minimum period of time. Except in those circumstances, we do not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
7.6 Your rights with respect to your personal data
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented;
- To have your Personal Data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons); and
- To ask us not to process your Personal Data for a particular purpose, including for marketing.
All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, our company will not be obligated to erase your Personal Data if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information set forth below. The Company reserves the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations. You may also opt out of receiving additional marketing information by using the unsubscribe feature in any marketing email we send you.
The children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) effective April 21, 2000 comprises the online collection of personal information of children under the age of thirteen. This federal law is designed to specify the use of personal information about children by internet services or websites. 16CFR Part 312
Colin Egglesfield/Ansgar, Inc is committed to protect the privacy and safety of children’s personal information in line with 16CFR Part 312. Therefore, this site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Furthermore, we invoke Section 8 Subsection 1 GDPR. We are committed collecting personal data from children with the minimum age of 16.
9. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Section 1798.83, permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the name and addresses of all third parties for direct marketing purposes in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our support department (see contact information below). Please be aware that although publicly facing data may be removed, the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems. If you are under 18 years old and reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request the removal of such data, please contact the support department (see contact information below).
11. Contacting us
917 W. Washington Blvd. Ste. 148
Chicago, IL 60607
Updated December 19, 2019